CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 13 June 2013

Books- Why They Are Such An Important Part of My Life + Update

Hey guys. So what I have for you today is just a short post, about why books are so important, and a quick update. xxxx


To me, books are equivalent to something as important as my eyes. They say that the eyes are the window to the soul. I think that books, too, are the window to the soul. The kinds of books you love, the pleasure you get out of reading - it's all pointing to the same place: your soul. For as long as I can remember, I have not been able to go a day without smoothing my hands over the jacket of a book, or flipping crisp pages, soaking in the words imprinted in them and all they have to offer. Books have become, in a way, like an extra limb. 

This year, as I observed more carefully my peers, I realized that about 80% of them didn't like to read, or didn't read unless they absolutely had to. For my 5th and 6th grade years, I was in a very different environment than my 7th grade year, and it astounded me that so many people were missing out on the pleasures of reading. Every time I told someone I liked to read, they looked at me oddly. "Reading?" they'd say, as if they'd never heard the word before. 

I found this to not only be weird and unfamiliar, but also sad. You can go through your entire lifetime (or, in the kids' in my class's, case, 13 or 14 years) without actually sitting down and reading a book for pleasure, and enjoying it. And I think that the book is one of the better things in life, so if you're missing out on one of the better things in life, then what are you waiting for? You must go seek that better thing in life, embrace it as if it were your friend, treasure it forever. 

Because really. Let's face it. Books are freaking awesome.



Update

So if you look around my blog you've probably noticed that some things have changed. Actually I take that back. You've DEFINITELY noticed that things have changed. I have edited my entire appearance,  my About/Contact page, and the time between posts have gotten longer and longer. I know it's annoying, I know I've been inconstant, I know that my blog sucks right now. But this summer, I promise you guys, I'll make things better. Pinky swear. :P 

That said, I am looking for feedback. I don't want just compliments. I want criticism, too. Do you hate my new blog design? Just tell me, your comments matter to me. You think I'm a sucky blogger? Rip me below. The more feedback, the better. The less feedback, the worse. 

Love ya'll, hope your June is lovely so far :)

3 comments:

  1. Love your new theme (I have a love for pink and blue), and this post! Totally agree with you that reading is something as important as eyes! And do I see the movie edition cover for The Great Gatsby on that shelf? ;)

    So you want critique? I'm afraid that I really don't find anything wrong with your blog. Not posting frequently isn't exactly a flaw. But I do think that discussion posts would be great fun ^_^ Maybe we could trade discussion post ideas?
    OR you could have a feature where the commenters 'dare' you to read a certain book... or manga *schemes*
    ^Yeah, this certain feature might be a dud because of taste, book availability (manga can be found on online so no problem there *hint hint*), and my overall pushiness :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is kinda sad how not that many people read anymore.

    When I clicked on the link to your blog for a second I thought I clicked the wrong link because everything was so different! I really like the new look though. It's colorful and pretty but not over the top in your face colorful.

    I haven't been posting very regularly either because I'm nearing the end of the school year. All my teachers are giving us projects and I have to start studying for finals. So I know what it feels like when you think you're neglecting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lottie- Thanks for the ideas! I'll definitely take them into consideration :P

    @Erika- Thanks! Good luck on your finals and the end of the school year :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love all comments, support, and feedback on my blog! I will also try my best to respond to each and every one of your comments, so know that I read and appreciate each one!

Thank you so much for commenting (or at least reading my post ;P)!