CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 13 January 2013

Ultimate Book Tag!! ♥

Hi, everyone! :) ♥

I've never done a book tag before, but when I saw Sincerely, Steph's and Emily's, I knew I just had to do one because they look so fun! I tag all of you! ♥

Questions:
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?

No, thank God. I don't know WHAT I'd do if I couldn't read in the car, since my family goes on so many car trips! Books are the only company I have on car rides XD Sometimes I might get a little sick to my stomache when we're going down bumpy roads or whatever, but not usually! *knocks on wood*

2. Which author's writing style is completely unique to you and why? 
I just LOVE the way Maggie Stiefvater writes. In every book I've read by her, her writing has pulled me in and definetely hasn't failed me yet. I also love the way that Libba Bray writes. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't use the same word twice in 100 pages, which is an AWESOME quality. I want to be just like those 2 writers if I ever write a book!

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter no doubt. Reason #1: It's Harry Potter! Who doesn't love it?? ;) Reason #2: I'm not a huge fan of Twilight and think that sparkly vampires are the most ridiculous thing ever created. x) Reason #3: Harry Potter is such a page-turner! I was never bored when I was reading the books. And Harry Potter is amazing to all age groups! I loved every book. 

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books...)?
Yes! I do. Mostly I carry my school stuff (notebooks, textbooks, calculator, pencils, etc.) in it. And I actually don't take books to school very often because my book bag is really messy and kind of swallows them up. Sometimes I never see my books again if I put them in my book bag D:

5. Do you smell your books?
Of course!!! Who doesn't? :p That new book smell is a smell like none other. In fact, one of the reasons I love Barnes & Noble so much is the way it smells! Like brand new pages. :P

6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without!  Illustrations distract me from the actual story and I find I will not be reading but paying attention to the illustration. I'm really not a focused person in general so if there's one thing that will pull my attention away from the book, it's illustrations. 

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn't quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Well, I love The Selection by Kiera Cass but honestly it wasn't the best writing ever. I still love the book, though, because sometimes I feel like a good story tunes out bad writing. If an author is able to keep you interested in the story, they're doing at least something right! 

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Hmm. I actually don't think I do. :p Or I have so many that i can't remember any of them. Haha! :) 

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
I think Dash & Lily's Book of Dares which is about 260 pages long. Amazing book, though!! 

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I think maybe either Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix or The Diviners by Libba Bray. They're both really, really big!

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I love writing! Unfortunately I have a hard time thinking of good book ideas. When I do think of them, my story ends up being a blatant copy of my favorite book x) So writing doesn't really ever work out for me, although it's one of my most favorite things to do in the entire world. I hope when I'm older I'll be able to get better, because being a writer has always been my biggest dream, since I was really little. 

12. When did you get into reading?
My parents love to read--In fact, they're literature freaks/English teachers! I guess I was just introduced to books at a really young age, and I haven't really ever stopped reading. It's always been something I've loved to do.  I can't remember when I REALLY got into reading, but sometime in the past year I've been reading way more books than usual. 

13. What is your favorite classic book?
There are so many. :) I really loved Emma by Jane Austen. It's one of those books that is just amazing. I also loved Pride & Prejudice, but I don't think I loved it nearly as much as I loved Emma. 

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Sort of. I like it, and I'm good at it, but I wouldn't say it's my favorite. I actually really like Science at school. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE English, but some parts of it annoy me. I'd rather choose my books than read a book assigned to me. 

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated...what would you do?
Well, I'd probably re-gift it (shhh). Or exchange it. 

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Uuummm... *thinks hard*. I have no idea why but no books are coming into my head right now. At least not any lesser known books. I think that Divergent is similar to The Hunger Games but I think pretty much everyone knows about Divergent...or do they? O.o 

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
I always forget to post my memes! x( That, and I sometimes type too fast when I'm writing my posts and there end up being a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes. 

18. What is your favorite word?
Sexy. It's definitely REALLY overused these days...

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Proud nerd x)

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies. I've actually only read a few books with fairies in them. Vampires just freak me out and I think the whole concept of them is stupid. 

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I don't think I've read any books with Shapeshifters in them but I LOVE angels like Patch from Hush Hush. :p Angels are really sexy!!

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves.  Werewolves are pretty cool because I love wolves, and wolves look like huskies which are one of my favorite types of dogs! Wait, how'd I get to talking about huskies?? Wtf? Anyway, yeah, werewolves. I don't think I've read a book with a spirit in it. 

23. Zombies or Vampires?
Ugh ugh ugh!!! Am I allowed to say neither? As I said before I HATE vampires and zombies just freak me out so i've never read any books with them! ;)

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
Depends on how its written. Sometimes love triangles are fun/addicting other times they're just annoying. Forbidden love is cool, though. So probably that. 

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with a few love scenes.  But gosh, that's a hard question! I've really started to like books with a lot of romance in them. I guess that's part of being a teenaged girl :p Haha :) Anyway, I like both, but I think I like action packed a little bit better. 


That was really really fun! I want to do more of these from now on :) Anyway, feel free to do this too because gosh it's fun! I'll admit I love answering questions about me and books. :p 

16 comments:

  1. Hey! I did it too at my blog. It was fun reading your answers. I agree with the love triangle thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I'll definitely check yours out! And thanks. :)

      Delete
  2. Squel! You tag all of us? I'm definitely going to be doing this! Hehe I love your answer to zombies and vampires. I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! :) I can't wait to hear your answers.
      Aren't zombies and vampires just so creepy?

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is definitely the ULTIMATE book tag! Looks like you had loads of fun doing it, and I had loads of fun reading it!

    -Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so fun to read! I just added Emma to my TO READ shelf! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fari! Emma was very good and very romantic. :p

      Delete
  5. Yay glad you did this! I agree with you on your thoughts for #7, if the plot/actual book is good I don't mind a bad writing style (sometimes) :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I feel like sometimes if the plot is good, it's ok if the writing is not so great! Some books with bad writing annoy me but mostly they're fine! Thanks for commenting, Stephanie :)

      Delete
  6. You think vampires are stupid! *shuns*
    I kid. :) I only like vampires when they are written in the way they were meant to be: blood-thirsty monster not nice sparkly vegetarians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! :) Yeah, I actually don't mind them to much, I just have read a few books where they are just plain stupid and sparkly. Sparkly ones are the worst!! :p

      Delete
  7. I love this post. I asked my teenage daughters the same questions and got totally different answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really?? That's funny! :)

      thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  8. I Followed!
    http://scottreadsit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks! I'll follow you back right after I post this ;P

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and love all comments, support, and feedback on my blog! I will also try my best to respond to each and every one of your comments, so know that I read and appreciate each one!

Thank you so much for commenting (or at least reading my post ;P)!