CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 28 February 2013

Au Revoir, February!

Hey everyone!! :)

Since it is the last day of February (the days have passed so quickly; March has really sprung up on us, hasn't it?) I decided to do a feature on all of the books that I have read this month. It has been a fabulous month for reading, and I enjoyed (almost) every book I read this month.

Today I have for you a video! The first one I've ever done. In this video, I feature all the books I've read this month and talk a little bit about them.  As I say in the video, if it's bad, then bear with me because I've never really done a video before and don't particularly enjoy just...talking.

I hope you all enjoy! :)

Next, I wanted to share with you some exciting highlights of this month, since it has been such a lovely month. Usually, Februarys are filled with just impatiently waiting for spring and bearing with the cold temperatures, but February was my favorite month of the school year so far for a few reasons.

-I discovered new friends, a nice group of book lovers. I am also still friends with my old friends ;)
-I am doing well in school, everything except for history, which is awful :/
-I finished the basketball season, with some relief I might add. Basketball, as it turned out, was not exactly my thing.
-I was able to complete 9 1/2 books this month! That is the record for the school year and I'm very proud of myself. This winter I have been able to get much more reading done in the fall. During the fall I was happy if I could finish 3 books. Now I am up to nearly 10 and am very happy about this accomplishment :)
-I have signed up for the tennis team. Hopefully I will make it :)
-I had an O.K. Valentine's Day, but it wasn't the best. The best part about it was the lollipops and other candies. No boyfriend this year, haha.
-I have been able to post as frequently as possible on my blog. Back in the fall, I only averaged about 9 or 10 posts a month. Now I have worked up to about 15 or 16 which I am very proud of :)
-I decided to feature my favorite book that I read this month. It is not on the video, but I did finish it this month, although my review will not be up until March, I believe.

Everbound
by Brodi Ashton
Series: Everneath #2
Release Date: January 22, 2013
Pages: 368
Links: Goodreads
Nikki Beckett could only watch as her boyfriend, Jack, sacrificed himself to save her, taking her place in the Tunnels of the Everneath for eternity — a debt that should’ve been hers. She’s living a borrowed life, and she doesn’t know what to do with the guilt. And every night Jack appears in her dreams, lost and confused and wasting away.

Desperate for answers, Nikki turns to Cole, the immortal bad boy who wants to make her his queen — and the one person least likely to help. But his heart has been touched by everything about Nikki, and he agrees to assist her in the only way he can: by taking her to the Everneath himself.

Nikki and Cole descend into the Everneath, only to discover that their journey will be more difficult than they’d anticipated — and more deadly. But Nikki vows to stop at nothing to save Jack — even if it means making an incredible sacrifice of her own.

In this enthralling sequel to Everneath, Brodi Ashton tests the bonds of destiny and explores the lengths we’ll go to for the ones we love.

Guys, this book is absolutely AMAZING. It's the sequel to Everneath, which I read earlier and I loved. Ya'll have GOT to go out and buy this book, or at least Everneath, Omg I am still recovering from the feels this book has given me :)
Review to come!!! Soon!!!! :) :) :)

Anyway, Au revoir, February, and may March be just as magical and lovely as its predecessor :)

13 comments:

  1. You: Fangirling over John Green and Sarah Dessen
    Me: Hasn't read any of those author's books
    Conclusion: I am living under a rock
    When you showed a paperback of Nobody But Us I was like, "whhhhaaaaa?"
    Great video! I admire anyone who is brave enough to show their face on the internet... I am not one of those people :P
    And you are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks!! I was kind of reluctant to show my face on the internet, too, but I just decided to go for it :)
      I was surprised about the paperback of Nobody But Us, too, since it just came out the month before. So I knew I needed to get it :)

      Delete
    2. Well, you did pretty good for a first time face-shower :P And I hope you get accepted into the tennis team! You seem like a person who really dedicates herself to things so you would be a great team member!
      I have been able to post almost everyday and I think that is good but I am afraid that I am going to burn myself out T_T Whenever I get into a routine I have a tendency to do everything in my power to stay in it.
      I am kind of doing bad in math (I have a C) but I might be able to get it up to a low B by the end of the semester.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, thanks, and thanks! :P You all are so nice :)
      I love your everyday posts. It gives me something to look forward to :)
      Last trimester I did so badly in math, but this trimester I am doing better. I might be able to get an A- if I try really hard. :p

      Delete
    4. Well, lets promise each other to try our best and maybe we can both get are grades up in time :) I might not be able to get an A- but I can still get a B...

      Delete
  2. Oh, I just noticed that you got a new theme! And it looks a little like my blog's theme. Are blogs are almost-twins now <3 :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it does look a little like your blog! I never realized it before. Blog twins! :)

      Delete
    2. But now I'm going through another faze where I might be changing my blog design a lot. I can't decide what I want it to look like!! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the video! Lottie's right, you are really pretty. You read so much in February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks :)
      I am pretty proud of the amount of reading I did this month, considering everything. Hopefully I'll be able to read even more this month :P

      Delete
  4. The days have passed quickly! The idea of making a video is very interesting! Though I would be too awkward and terrible but you handle it like a natural. You seem so nice and sweet! ^^ I hope you get into the tennis team! And well, you know this V-day was the same for me. (though crazier at school then last year XD) Forever alone! That's what my friends always talk about or with my sister when we do something not attractive i would be like "Well that's attractive" XD.

    Anyways, HAPPY MARCH! Another great month. C :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I'm generally kind of an awkward person too, and I think I sound a little awkward in the video, but thanks! :) Ha, yes, forever alone! xD Single ladies must stick together :p

      Happy March to you too Delaney :)

      Delete

I appreciate and love all comments, support, and feedback on my blog! I will also try my best to respond to each and every one of your comments, so know that I read and appreciate each one!

Thank you so much for commenting (or at least reading my post ;P)!