CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 14 July 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

Synopsis:

Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 13, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now. 

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault. 

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind. 





My Rating: 5.5 out of 5 stars
Who Recommended it To Me: Buddies on Goodreads
Who I Would Recommend it To: Anyone. And Everyone. 
Additional notes: One of those books that makes you want to laugh and cry at the same time.

When I give a book 5 stars it usually means that it was very very very good. But this time, I'm giving it 5 stars because it was very very very very good. (Notice the extra "very" tacked on at the end.)
       I thought everything about it was beautiful. The title, the plot, the characters,  even the cover! I'm not the type to feel sad enough to cry during books, but it was so full of feeling that I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry all during it.  This I know because some of my favorite books I have cried over-- Where the Red Fern Grows. My Friend Flicka. Black Beauty. (Notice a horse pattern here? Well, at least an animal pattern?) 
         Anyway, back to the book. I'm not the romance type. I don't think I can survive another cheesy teenage romance about some stupid girl (if you hadn't ever met a real person, only read  YA books about real people, then you would definitely think the wrong things about teenage girls)  A good example of a cheesy, stupid, overdone romance is... of course... the famous/infamous Twilight.  Puh-lease. Come on, Bella, I don't care about Edward. Get over yourself and think. This one didn't seem like the others, it was different in a way that made me think a little bit more about the YA genre. I usually stick to fantasy when reading Young Adult books but this one was a good change and i liked its unique manner.  I will definitely be reading more of John Green's books. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love all comments, support, and feedback on my blog! I will also try my best to respond to each and every one of your comments, so know that I read and appreciate each one!

Thank you so much for commenting (or at least reading my post ;P)!