I'm SUCH a sucker for pretty book covers, so I decided to make a post of a whole collage of them.
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
I am just completely obsessed with this cover, even though I haven't read the book and have talked to a lot of people who didn't like the book despite the beautiful cover! A bad habit of mine is that I judge books by covers and just looking at this cover makes me want to have it sooo badly. This is kind of a silly post but I consider this to be an important part of my reading, so I had to make a post for pretty covers.
What I Love About This Cover:
-The colors. I love the blue/turquoise and white combined.
- the girl's dress and pose. I love the way she's standing. I know it sounds completely ridiculous.
- the lettering.
- even the title and the author's name!
How I live Now by Meg Rosoff
Even though this book wasn't my favorite book ever, I couldn't help but feel a little love towards it because of this cover. I got the book in England, so it's not the American cover, it's the British, and for some reason I just like British covers better. Take the Harry Potter series. The UK versions are SO . Much. better!
What I Love About this Cover
- the title lettering. I like how it's cursive but not really cursive and how it clashes (in a good way) with the girl's hair, which is brown.
- the texture. Obviously you don't know what it feels like but it is so smooth!
- The way the girl's ponytail is slightly messy and the hair ribbon
- the author's name! Meg Rosoff- that name is soo pretty.
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
I liked this book as well as the cover, so it was really a win-win situation here.
What I liked:
The way the girl is looking down
The way her hair is position
The pretty pink lettering at the bottom