CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 20 October 2012

Taylor Swift: Country Belle?

Is Taylor Swift never ever ever getting back together with her former self?
In 2006, Taylor Swift released her first album.  In 2008, her second, in 2010 her third. All have been major hits, and she is one of the most popular musicians today. So, it's natural for fans to be crazily anticipating the release of her 2012 album, Red, which, if you haven't been living under a rock, you know is to be released Monday, October 22. In other words-- In. Less. Than. Two. Friggin. Days.

We've gotten a sneak peak into her album, with her hit--ahem, her POP hit-- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together playing on every radio station there is.  But, doesn't it puzzle you? The way she has gone from being a 16-year-old singing in a twangy accent to b being a 22-year-old who sings pop songs, crashes weddings, and wears tight clothing?  It is positively mind boggling.

I can't help but love Taylor; her songs are all great. I'm obsessed with all of them and can sing We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together entirely by heart. Want me to start? "I remember when we broke up, first time, saying this is it I've had enough, cause like..." Oh, I could go on, but I won't.

Doesn't it make you sad, that Taylor Swift has gone from being a country belle, everyone's sweetheart and people thinking she's adorable, to being this barely recongizable girl? Gone are the butterscotch curls and floral dresses and in their place are blunt bangs and stick-straight hair, with (as you can see in the picture above) tight black skirts and button-down shirts.

And what about her new boyfriend? Conor Kennedy? He's an 18-year-old junior in high school at the prestigious Deerfield Academy in Massachusetts. His mother recently committed suicide. And he's dating Taylor Swift, a person who is almost five years older than he is.  That's like my sister dating one of my brother's friends. (Umm, weird... Why did I even say that? Enough.) It's weird. Very weird. Although I do admit they're a cute couple, even if they did crash a wedding.

I might be a critic, but I'm still the same Taylor Swift-y I was before all of this crazy stuff happened to her. I love her new look, even if I feel slightly sad about her old look being thrown out the window. I liked her old look better but new and different changes bring good things, right? Well, let's hope so. I know I'm eagerly anticipating the release of Red, and you better be, too! (No, just kidding, just kidding. Not all of us love Taylor Swift, I get that. :p)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and love all comments, support, and feedback on my blog! I will also try my best to respond to each and every one of your comments, so know that I read and appreciate each one!

Thank you so much for commenting (or at least reading my post ;P)!