CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 26 November 2012

Book Review: If I Stay


Synopsis*: 

In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen ­year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heartwrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time.
*Copied and pasted from GoodReads

Title of Book: If I Stay 
Author of Book: Gayle Forman
Number of Pages: 234
Publisher: Speak
Released on: 6 April 2010

My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Who Recommended it to Me: NA
Who I'd Recommend it to: Almost everyone. (:

My Review:

Seventeen year old Mia is a high school senior with a passion for playing the cello, a good-looking application to Juilliard, and a boyfriend whom she truly loves. What could be better than her life? Well, everything changes one day when she and her family go out for a casual drive in midwinter.

I can't believe I didn't finish this book the first two times I picked it up. I'm seriously in awe. It was beautiful. Mia was so normal, and so was Adam. Oh, Adam. I loved Adam! He was just...so amazing. Reading about failed relationship after failed relationship has gotten a little old to me, but Mia and Adam, they were just in love and that was what made everything perfect. At the end there, I was struggling to hold back tears. I couldn't believe it was over when I turned to the last page and all of a sudden "Acknowledgments" was flashing at me, and I realized it was over. I need the sequel ASAP, because I need to find out what happens!

One thing I was a little disappointed in concerning this book was how unemotional Mia seemed the first half of the book. When she opened her eyes and was in that ditch and she found her parents dead, she didn't seem fazed by it. She was just sort of like, "Oh no, they're dead." I know if I was in her position I would be freaking out! Especially if I saw myself while I was still myself. That sentence made no sense, sorry.

The first couple of times I started to read this book, I was always really put off by that scene and it sort of freaked me out. I'm now saying, "What was my problem?" because this time my curiosity got the better of me and I kept reading. Boy, am I glad I did, because this one has proved to be pretty amazing. This will definitely be on my recommended list, and I know the next time I go to the bookstore, "Where She Went" will be the first thing I pick up.

4.5 stars. (:

2 comments:

  1. I <333 This Book. It was so emotional and sad and happy and uplifting and all meshed in one book that had only 200 something pages!

    YES! YOU NEED TO GET THE SEQUEL! If you love Adam you will definitely love Where She Went because it's in his perspective and his perspective is so sweet. :) I can't decide which one I like better If I Stay or Where She Went.

    GET IT! GOT IT? OKIE. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS. That's one of the reasons I liked it so much. :) I actually just ordered Where She Went, and I'm soo excited! It should be coming in the mail tomorrow. :) Thanks for commenting Delaney!

      Delete

I appreciate and love all comments, support, and feedback on my blog! I will also try my best to respond to each and every one of your comments, so know that I read and appreciate each one!

Thank you so much for commenting (or at least reading my post ;P)!