CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 5 November 2012

The Infamous Captcha :p

So, I know that all of you have probably come across this huge problem in blogs these days, and it's called Captcha.

Today, my friend Lottie over at La Lovely Stories   pointed the captcha on my blog out to me. I had no idea that it was there, and had gone through trying to decode the words on other people's blogs and found it frustrating. I thought, "well, It's good that my blog doesn't have one of these," but then I found out that it did, to my alarm.  I didn't know that it was automatic. I thought you had to adjust a setting.

It turns out, you do. The automatic is set as "yes" for "Set Word Verification". I didn't realize this. I scrolled through many websites talking about how to fix this, but none of them were helpful as there was no 'Old Blogger Interface' on my settings. So, I decided to find out how to do this MYSELF. I'm s smart girl right?

First, I went to "Settings".
Underneath "Settings", I clicked on "Posts and Comments".
Where it says "Show Word Verification", there's a drop-down menu.
To remove captcha, click on, "No."
It worked :)

Hope I helped some of you who might be confused, distressed... Etc. :)

love, love love
Annie :)

6 comments:

  1. I used to have that too! But I got rid of it a couple of months ago. It's so much easier to post a comment without the word verification!

    -Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay to turning off captcha! I hate those things, I really find them nearly impossible to read these days so I have downloaded a captcha bypass browser extension so i don't have to! Works a treat but it is much better to just not have to bother at all. I think a lot of people have them on without realising like you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate them too. :( Thanks for commenting! :DD

      Delete
  3. yay no captcha! Thank you for erasing the evil :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, but more importantly, thank YOU. I would never have known about captcha if you hadn't informed me! Thanks Lottie! :D

      Delete

I appreciate and love all comments, support, and feedback on my blog! I will also try my best to respond to each and every one of your comments, so know that I read and appreciate each one!

Thank you so much for commenting (or at least reading my post ;P)!